Individuals who are trained nursing personnel looking after the weak, sick and ailing patients under the guidance of Registered Nurses (RNs) are acknowledged as Certified Nursing Assistants or CNAs.
For the CNAs in Michigan, it is obligatory for them to complete the Michigan CNA training programs offered by numerous CNA schools, community colleges and vocational training centers. According to the federal law, the Michigan Training programs must have the following traits:
- A total of seventy five hours of nursing training.
- From the 75 hours, 51 hours should be solely dedicated to the hands-on clinical skills sessions.
- This practical training is conducted in a neighboring nursing home or a long term health care facility.
During the Michigan CNA training program, students are made experts in the following facets:
- Essential nursing and clinical skills.
- Patients’ rights.
- Restorative skills.
- Basic medical terminology and human anatomy.
- Checking critical signs of the patients, like pulse, blood pressure, temperature and respiration.
- Emergency procedures.
- Housekeeping techniques.
After the successful achievement of the training, students need to clear the CNA evaluation exams, which in turn will reward them CNA certification. this certification will not only allow the nursing assistants to be listed in the Michigan Nurse Aide Registry but also make them eligible to work in any health care facilities, such as hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, mental care institutions and home health settings.
The state of Michigan doesn’t have any state approved online CNA training program. However, campus CNA training programs are approved by the Department of Community Health.
Below given is the list of the some of the most well-known and famous schools and colleges in Michigan providing with top-notch CNA training programs:
- American Medical Careers Nurse Aide Course – Lansing
4000 South Saginaw Street, Flint, Michigan 48507
- Valley Training Center, LLC – Mt. Pleasant
1806 South Euclid Ave., Bay City, Michigan 48706
- Everest Institute – Kalamazoo
5177 West Main Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49009
- Career Health Studies – Eastpointe
17111 Eight Mile Road, Eastpointe, Michigan 48021
- Athena Career Academy, LLC. – Monroe
8 East Front Street, Monroe, MI 48161
Phone: (734) 241-2627
- Aress Networking Academy – Southfield
20755 Greenfield Road, Southfield, MI 48075
- Great Lakes Medical Education Center, Inc. CNA Course – Oak Park
22150 Greenfield Road, Oak Park, MI 48237
- Barnabas Health Care School of Professional Studies C.N.A. Class – Redford
24865 Five Mile Road, Redford, Michigan 48239
- Hazy Institute of Learning CNA Training Course – Detroit
7436 Mettetal Street, Detroit, MI 48228
- Genanscot Services Nurse Aide Program – Detroit
17800 East Warren, Detroit, Michigan 48224