CNA or Certified Nursing Assistant as a career in Iowa has tons of opportunities to become a success in the field of nursing. But, in order to work professionally, it extremely necessary that nursing aspirants first enroll for CNA training program in Iowa in order to receive resourceful education about the profession.
It is mandatory for all the CNA training providers to proffer the nursing students at least 75 hours of training, which is divided into two parts:
- 45 hours of Theoretical lectures- including nutrition and infection control, human anatomy, medical vocabulary, patients independence, patients’ rights, effective communication skills etc.
- 30 hours of hands-on clinical training- including checking crucial signs of patients (temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, urinal output), restorative skills, emergency and safety procedures, fundamental nursing and clinical techniques, CPR training and many more.
The achievement of the Iowa CNA training program push the students towards the CNA assessment examinations, which is further split into written and practical tests. The written test consists of multiple choice questions whereas during the practical test, the supervisor selects 5 clinical skills and asks the students to perform on the spot.
It is absolutely necessary for the students to clear the examinations, in order to be recognized as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the state of Iowa and work professionally in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, mental care institutions, home health facilities and any other long term health care unit. The salary packages offered to the professional CNAs range from $23,400 to $30,000 per annum.
Another obligation for all the certified nursing assistants is to renew their CNA certification within every 2 year. Renewal will ensure a continuous flow of your work without any interludes. For the Home Health Aides (HHA), the National Association for Home Care rewards them with their certification.
Some of the best and well known CNA schools and colleges in the state of Iowa are as follows:
- Northeast Iowa Community College Nurse Aide Class – Peosta
10250 Sundown Road, Peosta, Iowa 52068
- Iowa Lakes Community College Certified Nursing School – Spirit Lake
800 21st Street, Spirit Lake, IA 51360
- Iowa Lakes Community College CNA Training Course – Emmetsburg
3200 College Drive, Emmetsburg, IA 50536
- Iowa Lakes Community College CNA Centre – Spencer
1900 North Grand Ave., Spencer, IA 51301
- Scott Community College Urban Center CNA Class – Davenport
306 West River Drive, Davenport, Iowa 52801
- Muscatine Community College CNA Course
152 Colorado St., Muscatine, Iowa 52761
- Clinton Community College CNA Training Centre
1000 Lincoln Blvd., Clinton, IA 52732
- Kirkwood Community College CNA School – Cedar Rapids
6301 Kirkwood Blvd. SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
- DMACC CNA Training College – Ankeny Campus
2006 South Ankeny Blvd., Ankeny, Iowa 50023
- DMACC Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program – Carroll Campus
906 North Grant Road, Carroll, Iowa 51401