Those who wish to work as a certified nurse aide need to complete the nurse aide training which takes several months to pass the CNA certification exam and finish the training. Once the nurse aide acquires the license required to work in nursing homes or hospitals, they may forget the expiration date of the license and forget to renew it.
One is required to follow the process of CNA license certification, and make sure that the license is valid throughout.
- Lookout for the contact information of the local state licensing authority and contact office. Search the website of the Nurse Aide registry and enter your name in the search engine. You can get the address and telephone number of the office easily.
- There are many states in the United States of America that have online verification system, which makes it easier for the people to check their status.
- If the state you live in does not have online verification that allows people to check their status then, you need to check the local state registry office.
- When you go to the registry office, make sure to get in your license related documents. One is required to have certification number, license number and date of issue.
- Bring in money for paying the fee for the verification. The verification fee varies from state to state.
- Make sure you have copy of the CNA certification license. Get the license post on your home address in two weeks.
- You need to be aware of the fact that the license and certification record shall be kept in the state in which you have done your certification. The details shall not be transferred in any case.