CNA Exam Details Nevada
Why CNA Exam is vital for an individual aiming to start career in nursing field in the state of Nevada? Why is it mandatory to pass the state Certification test and earn CNA Certification to work in any health care facility in NV State? Before we proceed with the answers for these questions, we must understand the importance of CNA Certification for working certified nurse aide.
CNA Certification is a federal OBRA-87 and state requirement for individuals aiming to work in the various types of health care settings. The earning of certification by passing CNA Exams shows that person planning to offer nursing cares to ailing patients in hospitals or long term care unit is fully competent with nursing knowledge and skills, and can offer safe, quality and competent care in different types of health care settings.
Nevada Competency Evaluation Exam is offered to evaluate the nursing knowledge and skills of a candidate. The test questions that are to be answered and, skills that are to be demonstrated, show your understanding of nursing procedures and different types of routine nursing care that are offered to the patients in different type of health care settings.
Nevada State Board of Nursing (NSBN) managed and regulated CNA training program make you proficient in gaining nursing knowledge and skills through theoretical classroom training and clinical hands-on experience, it is the CNA test that evaluates your competency.
But, the eligibility to sit for CNA Exam is only offered once the candidate completes NSBN and OBRA-87 approved 75 hours CNA Training Program.
CNA Exam Details Nevada
Nevada State Board of Nursing has contracted Prometric, a testing Agency to design develop, administer, regulate and provide scoring of the competency evaluation exam.
CNA Certification exam is scheduled in three approved colleges including College of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas, NV, Great Basin College, Elko, NV and Trukee Meadows Community College, Reno, NV.
ADA Accommodation is available for disable candidates.
Prometric offered CNA Certification test consists of two separate parts including Written/Oral Exam and Clinical Skill Test.
Written/Oral Test features
- 60 multiple choice questions.
- 50 scoring questions and 10 pretest questions
- Four Multi choice answers are given for each question and students need to choose the best answer
- Time limit offered for the completion of the test is 90 minutes.
- Test questions are based on Promotion of Safety, Providing Specialized Care for Residents with Changes in Health, Role of the Nurse Aide and other courses.
Oral test is offered to students, who do not understand English. Oral Test request can be made during Test Application. The students are provided with Head set and computer for listening and answering the questions.
- Demonstration of 5 skills, where 3 skills are offered, while scoring is offered on 2 additional skills of hand washing and Indirect Care
- Time limit is 35 minutes for the performance of the skill test.
- Skill test is to be performed on another candidate, who will act as a resident model.
- Each skill has check points and points are given as per the safe performance of the skill.
- Candidate need to pass all five skills.
- Skill test is based on Measure and record of Vital signs of the resident, Use of bedpan, Ambulate the resident using a gait belt, Dressing the resident who has a weak arm, Feed the resident who is in bed, Change the resident’s position to supported side-lying position and other skills.
Further CNA Exam Details Nevada can be obtained from:
Web site: www.prometric.com/NurseAide/NV