Achieving education and certification has become a must for beginning a professional life in any field. The aspiring nursing assistants in Jersey are required to complete their qualification in their area of interest and pass the certification after that for a reliable as well as secured nursing career.
The basic requirements to be fulfilled in order to attain education for becoming a certified nursing assistant in Jersey are as under:
- At least 18 years of age
- No criminal records
The candidates fulfilling the above mentioned criteria are provided admission in the nursing institute. Though the topics covered in the CNA training programs vary from one state to other but there are some topics that are included in the guidelines issued by the state health department and hence are to be covered by every nursing institute. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Fundamentals of nursing
- Providing assistance to individuals in routine activities like grooming, bathing, reading and so on.
- Helping doctors during operations
- Maintaining health records of patients
- Providing healthy and hygienic environmental conditions to ailing individuals
Besides these all, the candidates are also prepared for performing some managerial works so that they can handle the administrative departments of the nursing care centers.
The training sessions are followed by the certification exam of nursing that is quite important to be passed for bright future in nursing. The important points of this examination are as under:
- Duration of the test is usually 5-6 hours
- The exam comprises of 2 stages, a written test followed by a skill test.
- Written test is used to analyze the basic understanding of all individuals and the skill test is mainly meant for checking the specific knowledge of candidates
- Both tests must be passed for becoming certified.
The candidates having nursing certification are offered superior job opportunities in Jersey and hence every aspiring nursing assistant must try hard for passing the certification examination with flying colors.