Board of Nursing Wyoming is located at Cheyenne, WY and the Board is a state regulatory agency, representing members from nursing profession and public, and various geographical location of Wyoming.
The basic Mission of the WY Nursing Board is to serve Wyoming citizen by regulating nursing education and practice, and the Board strive continuously to achieve its mission by offering necessary climate, collaborations and by enforcing regulations for the nursing practice and maintaining the standard of excellence, ethics, education, safety and competence in nursing practice and nursing education.
The Nurse Practice Act established Board of Nursing Wyoming represents members from nursing profession and public. The Board consists of seven Board members, comprising one LPN, 5 Registered Nurses and one member representing public. The act further regulates that only one member is represented and associated with any specific agency, educational institution, corporation, other entities or subsidiary at can be elected to the Board at one time.
Registered Nurse board members Classification:
- One registered nurse member must be an administrative or an education program educator with minimum two year experience.
- One registered nurse must have two years experience in nursing service administration or public health nursing
- One Registered Nurse must posses two years advance practitioner experience.
- Remaining two registered nurse members are appointed from different nursing areas.
Board Prerequisite for Registered Nurse member
- Must be Wyoming resident
- Posses Valid current practicing License as a Registered Nurse and practicing in WY State.
- Minimum experience of five years as a registered nurse, of which three years must be immediately preceding appointment.
Board Prerequisite for Licensed Practical Nurse member
- Must be Wyoming resident
- Posses Valid current practicing License as a LPN and practicing in the WY state.
- Minimum experience of five years as a Licensed Practical nurse, of which three years must be immediately preceding appointment.
Must represent a majority age population of the WY state and should not be related to health care or health education field.
Selection of Board Members
The Board members are appointed for the serving duration of three years by the governor and no member can get elected for more than two consecutive full terms. The Governor can remove any Board member for reasons specified in W.S. 9-1-202.
The Board appointed executive director must be a registered nurse with nursing experience qualification and holding a master’s degree in nursing.
WY Board of Nursing Services
- Regulate the practice qualifications of nurses and nurse aides
- Develop and approve nursing education programs.
- Impose practice disciplinary standards
- Investigate Review and Conduct Disciplinary actions on Licensee for practice violations, violations of Nursing Practice Act and administrative rules and regulations.
- Licensures, RNs, LPNs
- Certification CNAs and APRNs
- Fees Schedule
- The Board collaborates with the Department of Administration and Information.
- Receive Background check finger print of Licensee for a criminal history record background check
- Disciplining licensees and certificate holders
Contact details of Wyoming State Board of Nursing
State Board of Nursing Wyoming
2020 Carey Avenue, Suite 110
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Phone: (307) 777-7601
Fax: (307) 777-3519